Sunday I got some more work done on it. I picked up some wood glue so I could glue all the dowels in and started painting.
The temperature was at the minimum for the paint I was using so I hope it turns out ok.
Monday night I washed carrots and got some more paint put on.
|I'm not sure what the blue glow is. Perhaps it's Cherenkov radiation.|
|Some fancy hi-tech lighting system I put up|
Picked up some paint at lunch today and got the shelves painted tonight.
A disaster though. Put a final coat on the main chassis and had some paint buckling. I must have got it on a bit too heavy and the solvents in the fresh paint screwed up the base.
It's now 10 days after I started this project and it's finally in the house and looks pretty good. I fixed the wrinkled paint by sanding it down and cleaning the area with denatured alcohol. One of the upsides is I gained an extra shelf because I took the bottom out of the top unit when I stacked them.
I think it looks pretty good. After 4 cans of paint I don't know if this ended up being cheaper than buying a new taller shelving unit but at least this way we didn't have to throw these ones in the landfill. That's got to count for something.